The main grammar concepts
- The parts of speech: noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, article, conjunction, phrase
- The parts of sentence: types of clauses – main/independant/subordinate; relative, conjunction, interrogative, parenthetical clauses
- The grammatical roles: complement, direct and indirect objects, locative phrase, passive agent, epithet, apposition, apostrophe, ellipsis
What word to choose? How to spell it?
- The homophones: words pronounced the same way, but with different meaning
- The paronyms: words with a similar spelling, sometimes deriving from the same roots, but with different meaning
See also English verb conjugation, German verb conjugation, Spanish verb conjugation